Searchsymphony.com is a famous browser hijacker since it will control the whole system of your browsers. If you are using Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari, you can’t get rid of its infection. But that is just a few, whatever you use, it can’t be avoided. Searchsymphony.com is actually a fake search engine, and it can also replace your default homepage or your search engine.
The maker of Searchsymphony.com is adware which can be brought by means of porn websites, spam email, freeware installer and fake software update links. It means that all your online activities give chance for adware get inside your PC. You may be curious that you have installed many applications to protect your PC, why this tragedy still happens? That is because adware has the ability to control the condition of your PC so that all scams appear without consent.
Searchsymphony.com may have the capabilities to destroy your PC by directing you to suspicious sites, and most of time, each link will bring in a package of freeware which can install itself automatically. Besides, Searchsymphony.com can also bring in virus and serve as a tool for criminals. It can record all your online data, and use it for the cheating or crams. As a consequence, you will lose a lot.
As Searchsymphony.com will not be uninstalled directly, we here will give you some removal guides so that you can make it in the removal jobs. And these steps are helpful as many users speak highly of them. Please try it!
What will Searchsymphony.com do to damage the targeted computers?
- Your default homepage or search engine will be redirected to unwanted websites.
- Your system will run slowly and crash down randomly due to the infection.
- Lots of annoying ads caused by Searchsymphony.com will flood into every site you access.
- Your PC’ CPU always goes up high though you just run several programs.
- It causes harmful PC vulnerabilities to help more threats attack your PC.
- Crucial system files and registered keys will be corrupted randomly.
- It helps hackers to enter your PC and steal your personal privacy.
How to Manually Remove Searchsymphony.com From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Searchsymphony.com related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Searchsymphony.com related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Searchsymphony.com or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Searchsymphony.com”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: