What is Mulkey
Mulkey is a new Adware and PUP emerges recently. Though it just appears for several days, it cause trouble to users of all kinds of web browsers. Lots of PC users are complaining the problems caused by Mulkey and they are looking for tech support on removing the adware. Users got infected by Mulkey all failed to remove the annoying ads by Mulkey showing everywhere while they open websites. Are you of the victims? If so, read the solutions provided below to remove Mulkey in time. If it is too later, this adware will cause more issues and you will suffer from poor system performance.
Mulkey virus can be installed on your Safari, Chrome, Firefox or other web browsers without asking for approval when you install free software. From research, we find that users choose Advance / Custom Install did not get such adware, but those who used Typical Install were almost all infected by Mulkey. As soon as landing on your machine, Mulkey adds ad-supported plug-in on your mostly used browser immediately and makes some change on your browser settings without permission. In consequence, you will be harassed by unwanted ads by Mulkey on almost every site you open, you will be redirected to unwanted popup window when you click any link, your Google results will be inserted by ads links as well. All these ads and popups make Internet slowly and cause random death or page or entire browser. If you click this malicious ads by Mulkey, unwanted software or malware may be installed to your PC. The worse thing is, Mulkey and related malware are able to track your online activities and collect your online data and sensitive information. Spammer and the virus maker may share all your information and use them to get benefits from you. To keep you PC healthy and avoid issues like privacy leak and financial loss, it’s best to follow the steps below to get rid of Mulkey adware now.
How to Manually Remove Mulkey From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Mulkey related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Mulkey related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Mulkey or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Mulkey”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: