SearchKeyWords Removal Instructions
SearchKeyWords popups are transferred to your web browser through PUP or Adware program that deeply hide inside your computer. In case you get SearchKeyWords whenever surf the web, you should make deep check on your PC and remove all the related malware, or you will be impossible to access any website as usual. Similar to many other PC users, maybe you do not understand how SearchKeyWords infect your PC even though you have firewall on and tools like Adblock. Our techs research it and find that that bundled download free software is the major way that SearchKeyWords sneak into your machine. Many immoral usually pack rogue or malicious programs into some legitimate software, thus when you install these software with Custom Installation, you will not have chances to stop unwanted changes or cancel installation of unwanted apps, then malware such as SearchKeyWords are attached on all your web browser to show annoying ads. SearchKeyWords are used to help spam advertisers make money by redirecting you and other users to affiliated websites which may distribute malware.
Malware connected with SearchKeyWords install nasty toolbar or extensions on your web browser, so as to collect your browsing data to help its partners generate customized ads which can lurk you into purchasing something useless. Moreover, SearchKeyWords links can be used to help remote attacker access your PC, then these evil people can get your personal files and even steal your sensitive information. For safety of your privacy and healthy of your PC, just remove SearchKeyWords right now. If you cannot find any useful way to get rid of SearchKeyWords, the removal instructions below can surely assist you to solve it. Take action now.
How to Manually Remove SearchKeyWords From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall SearchKeyWords related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on SearchKeyWords related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by SearchKeyWords or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, SearchKeyWords”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: