ActiveFormat has been identified as Adware and Potentially Unwanted Program due to its function of interrupting users’ online browsing routine with disruptive and aggressive advertisements. It pretends to a good application that could enhance web surfing experience, but actually it does noting helpful and only makes troubles to its users. ActiveFormat can even cause security issues if you do not get rid of it in time. Because it is associated with spyware, hijacker and rogueware that always endangers users’ s PC security and privacy.
ActiveFormat can infiltrate your PC when you run third party Software Installer downloaded from untrustworthy file-sharing sites. It installs unwanted toolbar or extension to transfer ads and popups to your IE, Chrome or Firefox, which can make your become a victim of online scam and lose lots of money. Therefore, it is best not to click on ActiveFormat or any suspicious links related with it. Those ads may catch your eyes because they are made based on your online browsing data like search query and visited sites, which are collects by spyware connected with ActiveFormat . But no matter how the goods shown by ActiveFormat look cost-effective, do not trust them, or may be redirected to sites hosted by spammers. If you want to keep your privacy safe and keep your PC clean, it is best to delete ActiveFormat ASAP. The tutorial below lists clear steps for you to get rid of ActiveFormat , take action to safeguard your PC now.
How to Manually Remove ActiveFormat From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall ActiveFormat related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on ActiveFormat related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by ActiveFormat or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, ActiveFormat ”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with SpyHunter Mac Antimalware.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with SpyHunter .
SpyHunter Mac Antimalware is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections.
– Once SpyHunter Mac Antimalware is downloaded, double-click SpyHunter-1.2-15-7043-Installer.dmg to install it:
– Once SpyHunter is launched, please run a scan to diagnose entire Mac and remove all detected malware: