LaunchOptimization is a potentially unwanted program (pup), which becomes common recently. Many users get it and find it sits on their browsers. And it is always ready to release tricks and harms on the PCs. So users fear it and want to get some advice about how to avoid its infection. As for this, we will give a detailed introduction about this adware.
The users whose PC is infected with LaunchOptimization will have a deep impression of it because it generally distributes many ads to their PC ceaselessly. And they are bothered with these ads when they are working, chatting, shopping and so on. These ads are smart and they will contain the things which attract the attentions of users, and they will lead users to the websites which contain virus, Trojan, or malware.
Who does ads by LaunchOptimization change itself to the likings of users? It should start with its capacities to get data from users and analyze them well. In this case, it is also programmed to substantially produce the ads with the key words. Its hackers design it to help malicious things infect the PCs. So it will care less what will happen to your PC.
Even you don’t care the ads which bother you, you should still remove LaunchOptimization because it will finally cause system crash on your pc. In the end, all your files and data will lose if it stays for long. Here are some instructions for your reference to remove it. So please check the advices here.
How to Manually Remove LaunchOptimization From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall LaunchOptimization related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on LaunchOptimization related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by LaunchOptimization or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, LaunchOptimization ”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with SpyHunter Mac Antimalware.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with SpyHunter .
SpyHunter Mac Antimalware is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections.
– Once SpyHunter Mac Antimalware is downloaded, double-click SpyHunter-1.2-15-7043-Installer.dmg to install it:
– Once SpyHunter is launched, please run a scan to diagnose entire Mac and remove all detected malware: