If you have ever visited suspicious websites or checked the spam emails, you should not wonder why your PC is infected with OptimizationTool which is known as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It could be got from the malicious pages or the attachment of the spam emails, which has a common that they could trigger the installation of adware once it is opened. Then, many users will ask why the website didn’t warn them of its infection. In fact, we are sorry to tell you that it could control the browsers and stop the protection.
As a exchange, when OptimizationTool attaches to your system, they will pay back to the websites or the unknown sharing freeware. And it uses the tool named ads. These ads decorated with the most favorite topics for you and they generally continue the links to the websites and to download the vicious freeware. As a result, even you have handled nothing but your PC is invaded by thousands of virus.
The most dangerous thing is that OptimizationTool could also produce scams and frauds to cheat you and your friends to pay them money. They could not only steal your information, but also your friends’ information can be detected by them when you are chatting with them online. And you will exchange the information as well as the virus.
In this way, both of you and your friends should take actions to clear up your PCs to avoid the infection from OptimizationTool . Here we provide you some instructions and please check them.
How to Manually Remove OptimizationTool From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall OptimizationTool related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on OptimizationTool related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by OptimizationTool or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, OptimizationTool ”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with SpyHunter Mac Antimalware.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with SpyHunter .
SpyHunter Mac Antimalware is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections.
– Once SpyHunter Mac Antimalware is downloaded, double-click SpyHunter-1.2-15-7043-Installer.dmg to install it:
– Once SpyHunter is launched, please run a scan to diagnose entire Mac and remove all detected malware: