Research on Digitalcaptcha.top Virus
Digitalcaptcha.top is a nasty webiste related with malicious adware program created to make money by distributing commercial advertisements which lead people to affiliated websites. Basically, PUPs and redirect virus such as Digitalcaptcha.top are mainly spread through freeware’ installer downloaded from third party file-sharing websites. For example, when you download a free media player online, you usually get its installer first, then after you run the installer to setup the media player, you have big chance to install other unwanted or malicious programs such as Digitalcaptcha.top without knowledge. To avoid the same situation, our tech team recommend you to select Custom Installation all the time while installing any program, thus you can notice the unwanted options and refuse the unwanted programs.
Since the invasion of Digitalcaptcha.top, your online activities will be messed up and you cannot browse any website normally without annoying ads. On most of sites you visit, there will be tons of banner ads, text ads, popup ads and so on. Many of these Digitalcaptcha.top ads will offer you best deals, discounts or coupons for online shopping, when you see such ads, do not think that they are useful and can save your money. By clicking on these suspicious ads, you may fall into some online scams and lose lots of money.
Sometimes Digitalcaptcha.top will send you some misleading popup alerts urging to update software or call tech support number to fix your computer, do not trust these spam information, which only make you suffer huge financial loss. To avoid such scams, you need to get rid of Digitalcaptcha.top as early as possible.
What will Digitalcaptcha.top do to malfunction the system?
- It installs malicious extensions to bring you spam ads, coupons, deals and fake alerts everywhere
- It overly consumes CPU to severely slows down your PC performance .
- It makes your search engine and homepage to be replaced by hijacker.
- It downloads various infections in the background.
- It exploits bugs of your system to help hacker get inside your computer remotely.
How to Manually Remove Digitalcaptcha.top from Windows OS? (Steps)
>> If you are a Mac OS user, please read the Mac guide: How to Manually Remove Virus & Malware From Mac OS?
( Remember to BOOKMARK this page because some operations in the removal process may quit this page)
Step 1 – Uninstall suspicious and unwanted programs from Control Panel:
1. Uninstall suspicious and unwanted programs from Windows 10
- Click Start menu at bottom-left corner of your Win 10 screen:
- Select System :
- Select Apps & features, and then select Digitalcaptcha.top related apps or unwanted programs, then click Uninstall:
2. Get rid of suspicious and unwanted programs from Windows 8
– Press the Windows Key to open Start Screen. If it does not comes out, then use this option:
- Win 8 User – Hover the cursor in the bottom-left corner of your win 8 screen and wait for the Start Screen appears, then click on the icon to toggle over to the Start Screen
- Win 8.1 User – Click on the Start icon in the lower left-hand corner to open the Start Screen.
– Select Digitalcaptcha.top related apps or unwanted programs, and then click on Uninstall:
Win7 & Vista
3. Remove suspicious and unwanted programs from Win7 & Vista
- Click Start button and select Control Panel:
- Select “Uninstall a program”
- Select Digitalcaptcha.top or related unsafe apps , and then click Uninstall
Step 2 – Delete suspicious and unwanted extensions from Web Browsers
Delete suspicious and unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
Start Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions:
Identify suspicious extensions related with Digitalcaptcha.top and click click trash icon to remove it:
Uninstall suspicious and unwanted extensions from Mozilla Firefox
Start Firefox and click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and Click Add-ons :
Under Extensions tab: If you see unknown or suspicious add-ons listed, select it and click Remove:
Remove suspicious and unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
Start IE: Click on the cogwheel icon at the top right corner and click Manage Add-ons
Under Toolbar and Extension tab: Select suspicious extensions and click Disable button
Remove suspicious and unwanted extensions from Microsoft Edge
If you have enabled Extensions function on Edge, follow the steps here to delete suspicious and unwanted extensions:
Start Edge: Click the More (…) button ahe tog right corner and click Extensions:
Select the extensions you want to remove and click Uninstall
Remove suspicious and unwanted extensions from Opera Browser
Start Opera Browser: Click Menu button at top left corner and select Extensions:
Select “All” list: Select suspicious and unwanted extensions and click the “X” button to uninstall it:
Step 3 – Delete harmful registry files related with Digitalcaptcha.top from Regedit Editor.
1. Press Windows key and R key at the same to launch “Run” window >> Input regedit and click OK to launch Registry Editor:
2. In Registry Editor: Select Edit button and click Find >> Then type the virus name and click Find Next:
3. Right-click on the malicious registry files you find and click Delete:
Step 4 (Optional) – Reset web browsers to remove malicoius items installed by Digitalcaptcha.top.
Reset Google Chrome
Start Chrome browser and click on (☰) icon at top right corner And select Settings:
Type “reset” into search box and click Reset button at the bottom:
Click RESET to confirm:
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Start Firefox: click on (☰) icon at the upper right corner >> Click Help >> Click “Troubleshooting Information”
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button and click another “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box will appear on your screen.
Reset Internet Explorer
Start IE browser: Click gear icon at the upper right corner and select “Internet option”
Now click“Advanced” and click on “Reset” button.
Check out the “Delete personal settings” box and click on “Reset” button.
Reset Microsoft Edge
Start Microsoft Edge browser: Click More (…) icon on the top right corner and select Settings :
Click Clear browsing data button and then click Clear to confirm:
Start Opera browser: Now click Help menu and select About Opera:
Copy the Paths of Profile and Cache, and then open them one by one by pasting them into the Search Box of Start Menu:
Delete the two folders: Profile and Cache and your opera will be reset.
If the guide doesn’t help, scan entire infected PC with Spyhunter anti-malware and let it help you fix all problems.